- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

In mourning for Rhinebeck

Well, I'm still trying to get over missing Rhinebeck last weekend. It was my niece's bat mitzvah, and our family reunion.

It was a crazy deja vu experience going to a bat mitzvah. Watching 13 year olds trying not to look like they care about dancing with eachother. The most bizarre thing was the music they played. Sure there was some modern stuff, but most of it was the same music I danced to nearly 30 years ago! That would be like me dancing to the Andrew Sisters at the bat mitzvahs of the 70’s! Here’s the kids doing (I kid you not) the Electric Slide!



I did get a little knitting done on the plane, and gave away a few knitted gifts. Here's my adorable niece Rachel with her new scarf. About three minutes after this photo was taken, it was dipped in ice cream and then dropped on the floor (the scarf, not the photo).


The big hit was the baby sweater and hat set for my cousin's daughter Leah. It was my first baby sweater and I was pretty happy with it.


Right now I'm up to my ass in Jersey Boys. We started rehearsals on Monday and it's a big show. It looks like a small show until you look a little closer, and then holy ^&*@#$ there's a lot of props, costumes, shifts, a lotta everything.

Tonight I'm taking my last night to light a fire, blog, and do a little spinning on my (trumpet sound here) new Golding Ring Spindle . . . YEAH. My pal Francesca bought it for me at Rhinebeck. Isn't she a beaut!

So after tonight it will be all musical theatre all the time (until we open). One of the women in the cast is a knitter! At least there will be one fellow yarn o'holic on the road with me.

3 Comments:

  • Patty! I checked your blog to see if you had posted the pic of Leah in her new sweater set. Such a great picture! Thanks again for knitting it for her. We love it and the colors are just perfect!!

    Beth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 PM  

  • Patty! I checked your blog to see if you had posted the pic of Leah in her new sweater set. Such a great picture! Thanks again for knitting it for her. We love it and the colors are just perfect!!

    Beth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:33 PM  

  • I just had to say that the spindle is gorgeous. Sorry you missed Rhinebeck, but great that you have your friend able to get you gifts from there.

    By Blogger schrodinger, at 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home