- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

WHAT?? . . . pattern gibberish

So I saw this sweater in last winter's Vogue and I thought looked intriguing . You are supposed to be able to wear it two ways. One way the neck is a deep V and the bottom is a cropped band (or not so cropped the way I'm going to knit it), or turn it upside down and it's a cowl neck. What? Can't visualize it at all, so of course I had to knit it. Unfortunately they only picture it one way, so the magazine doesn't help. Here's the v neck way to wear it.

Has anyone out there knit this thing? The schematic and instructions made NO sense. I even cut out the shapes and tried folding them every which way and it still didn't make sense. (The yellow tabs are post its, I didn't have any tape in the apartment. One of the many joys of living away from home).



Then I remembered, Vogue is notorious for the need for pattern correction. So, I went on to the web page and found this correction, (pattern #2). So I tried my little arts and crafts project again, and I think I understand it.


Here's my second pass at my little paper sweater (minus the cowl/waist band thingy)

I'm still not entirely sure it will work, but I'm giving it a shot. I'm knitting it up in Wool Ease Chunky, a superwash wool I got at Smileys. It's a natural colored wool with flecks of brown, black and grey in it. I think I like it, but I can't tell until it's finished.


It's either nice or looks like a sweater that went through the washing machine with black and grey kleenex. I don't know, I kind of think it's cool.


On Monday I went to another fab night of bar knitting at Chicks with Sticks. I wore my Tubey sweater so I could get a good picture of it.

2 Comments:

  • Tubey looks great!
    There was a pattern in a Phildar mag that could also be worn 2 ways, just like this VK sweater. Good luck putting the pieces together! (I've ehad that problem with a VK pattern before...)

    By Blogger Veronique, at 5:52 AM  

  • Your Tubey sweater looks great on you - you definitely have the collarbones to show it off :)

    By Blogger Jo, at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home