- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Monday, March 05, 2007

Single minded knitting

I went through that cast on o'holic phase, can't commit, wanted it all, but I'm done. Now I'm a single minded knitter. Oh sure, I occasionally stray from a project with a little spinning, but for the most part I've become so impatient to have a finished object that once yarn goes on needles I can think of little else but the day it comes off. . . Hence the 7 day sweater. Followed up by the one day sweater. First came the bizarre two way sweater from Vogue. Here's how the cowl neck version looked on the needles (front)


(back)


I still was NOT getting how this would look on me. So I flipped it around to try to visualize how it would look as a V neck. Here it is (front):

(back)

My burning need to solve the mystery of this bizarre garment drove me to finish the sweater in exactly 7 days. I cast it on Monday night at Chicks with Sticks and the following Monday night I was wearing it. It came out okay, but I ended up making a little modification. Here's how it looked, knit directly from the pattern.

Cowl neck side:


Kind of weird looking with the big ole v going up the front, but then I thought I might look better flipped around as a v neck:


It's kind of hard to tell from this photo, but the waist band cut my chest in half, and then the helpful v dissected it yet again, having the most amazing flattening affect I've ever seen, basically, I didn't like it either way. . . so, I knit a little triangular insert. I just cast on 18 stitches and worked in the K1, P1 rib with decreasing on each side until I got myself a little triangle, and here's the final result.

Cowl neck


V neck:


Still kind of weird, but I like it better.

Here's the back in both cowl & v neck. If you think it's taking photos in the mirror, try taking photos over your shoulder of your back in the mirror!











I had some yarn left over, so I decided to cast on (one Tuesday morning) the Anthrogologie inspired sweater.


By Tuesday night. . . cast it off, blocked it on Wednesday,


and was wearing it by Thursday.


Here's the final product:

I still have to add a button to the collar

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Hi there,

    This is great stuff. I'm trying to reach you to be a featured guest on Hip Slope Mama, a website based out of Park Slope. Pls. visit us and if you are interested please send us an e-mail.

    Thanks!

    By Blogger HipSlopeMa, at 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home