Single minded knitting
I still was NOT getting how this would look on me. So I flipped it around to try to visualize how it would look as a V neck. Here it is (front):
My burning need to solve the mystery of this bizarre garment drove me to finish the sweater in exactly 7 days. I cast it on Monday night at Chicks with Sticks and the following Monday night I was wearing it. It came out okay, but I ended up making a little modification. Here's how it looked, knit directly from the pattern.
Cowl neck side:
Kind of weird looking with the big ole v going up the front, but then I thought I might look better flipped around as a v neck:
It's kind of hard to tell from this photo, but the waist band cut my chest in half, and then the helpful v dissected it yet again, having the most amazing flattening affect I've ever seen, basically, I didn't like it either way. . . so, I knit a little triangular insert. I just cast on 18 stitches and worked in the K1, P1 rib with decreasing on each side until I got myself a little triangle, and here's the final result.
Still kind of weird, but I like it better.
Here's the back in both cowl & v neck. If you think it's taking photos in the mirror, try taking photos over your shoulder of your back in the mirror!
I had some yarn left over, so I decided to cast on (one Tuesday morning) the Anthrogologie inspired sweater.
By Tuesday night. . . cast it off, blocked it on Wednesday,
and was wearing it by Thursday.
Here's the final product:
I still have to add a button to the collar