- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Sunday, April 08, 2007

A week at home

This week has been SOOO great being back at home. Last Saturday David and I spent most of the day walking around our neighborhoods. We walked past the Gowanus Canal past the strange little art galleries, tucked into alleyways. We stopped into one place that had an exhibit based on the idea of "library", and a match museum.


"library book" - A giant book that opens up into a model of a library

"Interlocking Bibles"

Here's some crazy pics from the Match Museum












It was a gorgeous day last weekend (as opposed the the 32, what the @!$@!#% degrees it is today). Here's one of the many churches of Brooklyn.




We walked and walked and walked. It felt so great to be back in NY where you don't think anything of walking for miles. We walked from our house in the Slope, through Gowanus, to Carrol Gardens, to Cobble Hill over to Atlantic Ave.


By that time we were getting pretty tired. I was still looking for the light blue yarn for those damn sweaters that I promised Melissa (from the first national tour) that I'd make her. So, it was off to Knit a Way. Nothing jumped out at me, and we were beat, so we hopped on the subway




I've finally finished with the damn cotton for this sweater I'm sort of making up. I attached the mohair for the neck and it's coming along nicely. I've actually finished the whole back, but this is a photo from a few days ago:

Here's the detail:


We've finished the first week of rehearsals for the Chicago company of Jersey Boys and things are going really well. All the music has been taught, and choreography has begun. We finished taping out the set in two rooms, and finished spiking the main room. There are 8 gajillion spikes in this show. Spikes are little colored tape marks that show the actors where to put all the furniture. To give you an idea of how many there are, here's a picture of our freshly set up rehearsal room


Here's the ASM Brendan M. Fay collapsed amongst the many spikes (he did all the spiking!)


To celebrate being all set up, our Associate conductor staged a photo of the whole Stage Management team as a rock band


Back to my cotton / mohair sweater. More tales of knitting next time. I just got my Rowan Calmer plum in the mail. I'm going to cast on Tempting II. Can't wait!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home