- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Tempting take two

Okay, so I did a bit more blog searching and found others with the same problem. I wonder how in the world the pattern can work as written. Here's a picture from someone's blog of the sweater as written:


Then she replaced the last K 1, K2 tog row with K2 tog all the way around. She also did what I was thinking which is P2 tog with first stitch from band and next stitch on yoke. Here was her result:


I found this page after I went a little nuts with my modifications.

1) I knit the band on US 7 instead of 8
2) I k2 tog all the way across
3) I SSK the last stitch of the band w/the next stitch of the yoke
AND
I P2 tog with the first stitch of the band w/the next stitch of the yoke


Although better than the pattern I was still not happy. First with the K2 tog all the way around the last row of the yoke left holes all the way around the band. Next the neck was now too high

little too high for me


Nun neck line
(the camera angle makes my chest look huge. BELIEVE me, just an illusion)



Sassy neck line




I know I've already done it once, but it's still not the sweater of my dreams. So that means one thing and one thing only:


"Ripit, Ripit"

Here's what I didn't like from version 2. The K2 tog all the way around brought the neck too high up and I didn't like the way it left little holes all the way around. The band in US 7 made it too small and pull across. The P2 tog at the beginning of every WS made the band pull too much, especially across the shoulders.

Here's what I'm going to try next. First I'm going to frog the band, and rip back past the k2 tog row and one of the rib rounds.

Version 3:

1) K1, K2 tog all the way around (as written)
2) K all the way around (to avoid the little hole between the K2 togs)
3) K the band with US 8
4) (RS) K1, P1 rib until last stitch. SKK knit the last stitch on the band to next stitch on yoke
(WS) P2 tog with first stitch on band with next stitch on yoke, K1, P1 rib to end

Do step 4 across body. When I get to the 40 stitches of the sleeve I will alternate with the pattern as written. This will give a little more room to go across the shoulders.

Stay tuned. I'll let you all know how it turns out.


Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, there's always some fiddling involved. *sigh*
    I've written patterns before, and what works for me doesn't always for others...
    But the body of Tempting 2 is looking good!

    By Blogger Veronique, at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home