- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tony night & ADD knitting day

Last week was another long week at work. We had a little something to look forward to at the end of the week. Larry's Tony party. His pre-baseball party was amazing, so I could only imagine what he and his roommate (who owns the wonderful Soluna restaurant in San Francisco) would come up with for Tony night. We were NOT disappointed. We were all told to dress in "cocktail attire". I, of course, chose to wear a hand knit. Never pass up the opportunity to hear "you did not make that". I wore Marnie MacLean's Evening Diamond tank.
and, yes, I did make that.


Me with the wonderful Jersey Girls, Lyndsey Cole & Jenny Lee Ramos

So right away, as soon as we reach his front door, the fun begins. He had filled the door with signs you might find in a theatre lobby "this show will be performed without an intermission", "there are strobe lights used in this production", and my favorite "musical theatre songs will be heard tonight". When you open the door you are, literally, greeted with the red carpet treatment. He had put a red carpet in his hallway, and set up strobe lights (to look like flash cameras going off) all around the hallway. After your red carpet photo is taken, you enter full blown Tony land. First there's the fridge decorated with famous "Tonys"


Please note, Tony Blair, Tenille, Randall, Soprano, and my favorite . . . the tiger

The living room was full of Tony displays, from the Grey Gardens flower arrangement (please note the can of corn, and cat food. If you know the show, you'll know why)

to the dining room hutch filled with the nominees:


There was one last hidden tribute to Broadway. It was not in the living room, not in the dining room. It was not even a tribute to a nominee. It was the logo to a certain (then already) doomed Broadway show, taped to the inside of the toilet seat. Since that show has posted closing, I'll let it remain nameless.

Then there was the food!! Leave it to a restaurant owner to really put out a great spread


The bar:


And our bartender (otherwise known as our host)


Cocktail hour was on the roof. It's a great deck with a great view


Me & Danny Austin

John Michael Dias, Jake Speck, Steven Goldsmith
(looking oh so much like the San Francisco Jersey Boys version of the cast of The Godfather)

Soon it was showtime, and we all had a great time watching on the big screen.


Some were rooting for their favorites. Me, I just wanted to win the Tony poll (big money, big money, big money). Turns out, I came in second. Ah well, I won a nice bottle of wine.

By the end of the evening Larry was ready to call it a night. He had already changed into something a little more comfortable. Here he is on the red carpet with Jeremy Kushnier. I'll give you a hint . . . Larry is the one to the left.



After the Tony's were over we headed over to a bizarre nightclub called the StarLight Room. As you could guess by the name, or see by the web page. It was a bit like stepping back in time.


I didn't get home until well after 2:30 am . . . VERY late for me these days. Monday was a very ADD day of knitting and spinning. I couldn't seem to commit to any one project for very long. I would spin for a bit, measure & ball remainder of old yarn. At one point I was alternating between three different projects. When I go up to have a cup of coffee and saw that my little couch looked like this:


I knew it was time to focus. That's (from left to right) Tempting II - almost finished, a simple garter stitch triangular scarf I'm doing from two left over yarns held together, and the cotton cable sweater front - almost finished.

Monday night Larry (otherwise known as Julie cruise director) set up a Jersey Boys themed movie night at his pals restaurant, Soluna. It was a double feature of All About Eve (which was filmed at the Curran Theatre), and The Blob (Jersey Boys fans will know why). I watched 3/4 or All About Eve, but then I hopped on the J train to go to Chicks with Sticks to do a little knitting with the gals.

They posted a swell pic of me in my new sweater, posing at Noe Knit. I had to steal it for my own blog.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Wowee!! That Tony Party looks like it was a BLAST!

    The hand knit that you wore is lovely.

    By Blogger Mauren Mureaux, at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home