- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Much needed

I got to spend three whole days with my family this Thanksgiving. It was a MUCH needed break. I've been working myself into the ground, and the weekend was the first good night's sleep I had in months. We left Wednesday at 7:30 am. My brother in law picked us up and we just hung out all day. Except for a brief trip to the grocery store (day before Thanksgiving, wow!), it was just a day to knit, talk and chill.

Thursday was all about cooking and eating. It was a perfect day. A light snow was falling, and while the turkey was cooking we took a walk just long enough to get really cold and need to come back to some hot cider!

I finished all the pieces to David's sweater in the morning, and now I just had to do the dreaded sewing up the sides of the body and sleeves.


Here's a detail shot of the handspun and cables


Here's my sister's cat enjoying some afternoon sun and some shoes. Two of his favorite things


I finished the sweater on Thursday night in time for David to wear it the next day. Here's David looking adorable on my sister's porch



















Friday we did our traditional, walking around downtown Ann Arbor looking at all the cute little shops. This, of course, was followed by a dinner full of leftovers. All in all, a perfect visit.

Saturday, David and I left for the airport at 5:00 am. We landed at 8:00 am and we went right to the shop. We got to the shop at 8:45 am, and David stayed with me until 10:00 am. He helped me restock all the shelves, and get ready to open. I then put in an exhausting sales day that went to 7:00 pm. I've never been more tired. Today I'm still recovering, gearing up for another trip into the retail world during xmas shopping time. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

  • I can;t believe how quickly you finished that sweater! It looks great! (My cat loves shoes, too. Is that weird? ;-) )

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home