- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Monday, November 05, 2007

to paraphrase Bette Davis . . .

Retail is not for sissies. Saturday gave me a tiny glimpse into what my life would be between now and Jan 1st. From 9:00 am - 7:30 pm I did not stop moving! We are selling out of stuff as fast as the new boxes come in. We are getting so many deliveries at the shop it's hard to keep up sometimes. It's my own fault (since I do the ordering). It's a live and learn for me. It's my first christmas in retail and I'm just trying to get the hang of the ordering. My first round of books I was WAY too conservative, and all the great titles sold out in the first three days. I placed a second order the day after the first order arrived . . . and don't get me started on the yarn. My biggest dilemma is what I'm going to pick out for myself before it's all gone.

David's sweater is coming along swimmingly. The handspun (maybe my last on the spindle, now that the wheel is here!) is a little chunkier then the Luxury Tweed, but the flecks of color running through the handspun looked rocking with the tweed.


Here's a close up, it still doesn't show the color's to the best effect


Because I want to use every inch of the handspun, I am knitting the front, back and both sleeves at the same time. As soon as I switch back to the Luxury Tweed, I'll go back to knitting the pieces separately.

Got to sit by my roaring fire and spin on my new wheel.


Labels:

2 Comments:

  • OOh! I love the hand-spun! It's such a lovely touch!

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 8:01 AM  

  • More books! I know the shelf at the Point is not that big, but... I realize that no 2 knitters are alike, but the books that *I'm* interested in at the moment are Clara Parkes's Knitter's Book of Yarn (she's the woman behind Knitter's Review!) and Veronik Avery's Knitting Classic Style.
    Have fun spinning!

    By Blogger Veronique, at 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home