- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Monday, December 10, 2007

Knitting detour

I had almost finished the tedious, 13 1/2" k2, P2 rib of the pin up queen when gift giving made me take a knitting detour. First David asked if I could make a baby gift in a week and a half. I told him no problem. Three days later I knocked out this cute little baby sweater knit up with the luscious SWTC bamboo



I also started to swatch for David's vest. I'm using 600 yards of alpaca I bought at Rhinebeck held together with Filatura Lanarota Puno Alpaca. I'm writing a pattern (my least favorite thing to do), because I can't find any pattern I like. Here's a close up of the cable pattern.


Next . . . it's time for the Sit n' Knit holiday party. I finally RSVPed on Sunday, the last day that I could and got the last spot free! Yeah! There's a holiday exchange, so I'm knitting up a little something from some pale blue Alpaca from my stash (as per the gift exchange rule, stash knitting only!).

Soon I'll return to my sweater.

3 Comments:

  • I'm so glad you are participating in the gift exchange! Woo hoo!

    By Blogger Annie, at 9:08 PM  

  • Is that Kiana's pattern? It's adorable! Gotta love me some top down knitting!

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 4:27 AM  

  • It sure is Kiana's pattern! Isn't it a cutie?

    By Blogger Valerie, at 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home