- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Sunday, January 06, 2008

It's a whole new year . . .

Sooooo much to tell you all since last I blogged. Where to begin. First of all, it's another lazy Sunday in Park Slope. First brunch with a friend, a walk, and now David reading in our cozy chair and a half. I am sitting by the fire listening by my MANY podcasts that have piled up (including over a year's worth of Quirky Nomads). I fully plan on finishing my Pin Up Queen, and my vest for David is coming along nicely. Since I've only roughly sketched out the pattern, I am avoiding doing the math for the armhole & shoulder until I knit the 13" I need to. Love the cable pattern I'm doing though. I'm finally treating myself to a few new books. We got a HUGE book shipment to The Point, and Vogue Stitchionary Vol. 2 (cables), and The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns is calling my name!

New Year's brought me a deLICious three days off. David and I went to Boston to see his folks and to go to First Night. We had the swellest of all possible times. We treated ourselves to staying at a nice downtown hotel right in the middle of the action. We crammed a LOT into that day (making sure we got our $15 dollars worth!)

First we all went out to breakfast and then David and I went to his folks house and spent the day over there. That night we stayed at our nice downtown hotel (robes & HBO - yeah) and the next day we met up with friends and did first night events all day. We saw the ice sculptures, went to see some foreign short films, went to the museum, went out to a nice lunch, saw a few concerts, saw a parade and fireworks. It was really fun. The next day we had brunch with friends, went back and saw David's folks again, and then drove home.

Here are some highlight photos:











The beautiful rotunda of the MFA


First cool ice sculpture . . . time for the parade now
































These super cool dinosaur balloons kept stretching into the crowd and bopping people on the head


More super cool (pun intended) ice sculptures



After that it was time for fireworks and concerts. All and all it was a great start to what will, hopefully, be a great year.

David's sweater vest is coming along nicely. The alpaca from Rhinebeck is so soft and a pleasure in my hands



My new work schedule starts next week, with our new asst. manager. I'm SOOO excited that I can go to my Park Slope Knitting group again. My late nights will be Wed & Saturday, but Thursday I will be able to go straight from work to the knitting group.

I've been so missing Chicks with Sticks. That was by far the best part of being in San Francisco. Those women cracked me up. I went to the web page and looked at all the pictures from the last couple of months. Miss you all!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home