- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Monday, March 24, 2008

Road Trip!

Saturday night David and I hit the road to visit our niece in Saratoga Springs. She's in College up there and we've been meaning to visit. It's an amazing town full of mansions. We stayed in a great B & B just outside of town. It was gorgeous.







After strolling around town and having a little lunch, we all headed back to "our mansion" to hang out by the fire




(David)


(Alana)

I had cast off the fitted knits sweater the day before the trip. Here's a couple of not very great photos of me by the cozy fire



I had worn the eyelet tunic from Vogue the day before, and decided it would look better on someone taller, so I gave it to Alana. Here she is looking adorable


The next day we headed over to the awsome Saratoga Needle Arts. If you are ever in the area, you have to stop by. Great selection and fantastic prices. Usually when I've seen a yarn store in small towns in New York, Conn, Mass, they jack up the prices because there's no other store around for customers to compare them to. (I could say the same for one or two stores in Brooklyn that shall remain nameless). This store's prices were really good and they had a huge selection of yarn, books, patterns and notions. The owner was really nice. Alana had gotten me a gift certificate, so I got sweater blockers - YEAH!


I'm loving the yarn I'm currently working with! It's Classic Elite's Soft Linen. A GREAT yarn. I'm working up the Feather & Fan Cardigan from the Make It Modern Book.


Here it is so far:

1 Comments:

  • After all the issues with the sleeves, the sweater came out great!

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home