- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Monday, April 21, 2008

Springtime & Passover

It's that time of year when our thoughts turn to Matzo and mulching. I had two swell Seders with David & our pal Nell and two big gardening days.



Sunday we tried to play catch up in the garden, and I continued for four hours on Monday. Things are still pretty behind, and we had some casualties. The peach tree looks pretty damn dead.

We did manage to plant a bunch of veggies, we put in lettuce, broccoli, eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, yellow pepper, basil, sage, lavender. Today I got the Canna in and divided and planted all the Dahlia bulbs in starter pots.

(The lilac tree about to bloom)


(The Gerber Daisies)


(The Peonies a comin up!)


(Our AMAZING climbing roses . . . stay tuned for when these babies bloom)

(The Lilies, you'll have to wait until late July until these bloom)

(My favorite tree ever - the Japanese Maple)

(The first of the Strawberries coming in)

(The peppers, zucchini & herbs)

(The, now, sad looking lettuce . . . just wait)

(The basil & eggplant)

(Broccoli)


So, after two backbreaking days of gardening . . . I present, our April deck. Not much to look at now, but it will be:


2 Comments:

  • Hi Patty, I love your garden. I believe we might have met recently. I took a private spindle/spinning class at the Point Cafe w/Alexandra!!! Good to know we're not so far from each other. I too live in Park Slope!!

    By Blogger Moms90, at 2:03 PM  

  • I love Park Slope! I met Alexandra a few years ago at the Park Slope Knitting group. Isn't she the BEST spinning teacher ever?

    By Blogger Valerie, at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home