- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Monday, June 02, 2008

Vacation and Finished Objects!

I've been so busy since I last posted! First David and I went on a fab little Memorial Day weekend getaway to New Hampshire. We stayed at his folks summer place. It was really nice. I had just finished the body of the Feather and Fan cardigan and set it out to block.


All I had left to do was the button band, but I didn't feel like picking up stitches in a five hour car ride, I cast on a new project that involved lots of car riding stockinette. I decided to use the Purelife Cotton and cast on the Fiery Bolero by Debbie Bliss. A quick knit and I got a good third of it done between the car ride up and back


The trip was SOOO fun. It was the perfect combination of active state & vegetative state. Our first day was mostly about getting settled and then poking around a few nearby towns. We had a fantastic dinner out and then headed back to our little condo. We found a 1000 piece puzzle in the closet and I couldn't resist. My family used to do puzzles when I was a kid and I always loved them. We cracked it out the first night . . .


and FINISHED it the second


David wanted me to mention that (as it turned out) it was NOT a 1000 piece puzzle, but a 999 piece puzzle. Bummer


It was really fun to stay in and listen to our ipod and do a puzzle. Just good old fashion fun that you only seem to do on vacation.

As for the more active part . . . we took a pretty tough hike up a mountain. It took us about 2 hours going up and an hour going down, but here was the view that greeted us


We were hot and tired, but we got a wonderful cool breeze, ate our trail mix and recharged for the hike down


After that David took me to check out Patternworks. It had a pretty good yarn selection, but oddly not a great pattern selection (kinda surprising considering the name!). After our hike we felt like the rest of the day would be well spent lying on the little beach by the lake.

The next day we checked out of our place, and drove out of town, passing the obligatory pretty covered bridge.
and set off for Lake Winnipesaukee to go to Weirs Beach. It had a great pier with old fashion arcade games. We had lunch and played a little pinball, and then had a great old beach day. SO much fun.


We also stopped at an antique store where I found the perfect buttons for the Feather and Fan Cardigan. Now all I had to do was finish up the button band (yeah)



I was exhusted the next day, and it was a big work week. Not only is it the usual end of the month stuff, but we did a full store inventory as well. I was so happy to get to yesterday (my day off).

Sunday was all about the garden. David had bought some new plants on Saturday while I was at work, and Sunday we were doing major work. All the Iris's had to be dug up and divided, we rearranged a lot of the plants, put in the Dahlias & Cannas . . .



The climbing roses are more like falling roses, because of the crappy job I did this spring cutting them back. They also got really bad black spot. Right now we are just waiting for the blooms to fade so we can hack it back


The other two are doing much better



But for me the main attraction of our garden is FOOD. We are harvesting lettuce twice a day now


The broccolli heads are big and happy



The zucchini is freakishly large (it now fills the box and there are already 5 zucchini's that are pretty large) and there's already a tiny tomato on one of the plants . . . I LOVE growing food



Almost as much as I love FINALLY finishing the Feather and Fan cardigan. I knit it pretty much as is with the exception of adding an additional increase round for the body. I'm a little hippier than the average model.

So here she is, my favorite finished object so far!!









Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • The Feather and fan is as beautiful as your garden.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:30 AM  

  • I love the feather and fan, its gorgeous. It looks great on you too!

    I'm jealous of your garden by the way.

    By Blogger Alyssa, at 9:46 AM  

  • It's absolutly beautriful. Both the Sweater and your garden. Congrats.

    By Blogger Tiger, at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home