- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Friday, August 15, 2008

A very special visitor!

The other day my little roof deck was honored by a very special visitor. She was in town for just a day from the tour of Spamalot. She hasn't been back in New York in ages, and I was thrilled she chose my little roof garden to visit. I'm speaking of course of Tallulah the cat. She also brought her person Francesca along with her.


I hadn't seen Francesca in ages, since she's been touring all over the US & Canada with her adorable cat. It was great to hang out on the roof, listen to some music and knit. Tallulah was busy smelling everything


And when we were visited with a Monarch butterfly (a RARE sight on our roof), she was fascinated.



Everything was fine with Tallulah finding a shady spot under the deck chair


and I settled down to do a little knitting


Life was good until Tallulah decided to crawl under the deck. Remembering what Francesca said about every moving day on the tour being a fight to get the cat out from under the bed (and our deck is a LOT bigger than a bed), I figured I'd better act fast

I went down to the apartment and fashioned this little cat toy out of a KnitPicks flexible needle
cable, some decorative stitch markers a wonderful customer gave me (thank you Patricia) and the needle end I was able to lure the cat out



Didn't get much more work done on the Lotus Blossom Tank


which is crawling along at only one and a half alien heads long. Ah well. Tomorrow is another day.

3 Comments:

  • Oh! Tallulah is lovely! I saw a Monarch at the Coney Island Cyclones' game on Saturday!

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 9:10 AM  

  • She is so cute! You take such great pictures.

    By Blogger Flynn, at 12:34 PM  

  • I wish I could take credit for those pics, but Francesca took them with her super cool camera. They really are great.

    By Blogger Valerie, at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home