- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Late fall harvest, late fall tank top

Summer is drawing to a close. Tomorrow is the first day of fall. Sigh. This time of year used to always fill me with anticipation of the coming season. For years as a kid it was the start of a new school year, then for 20 something years in theatre, it was the start of a new theatrical season. As a knitter it's time to say goodbye to knitting tanks & camis and hello chunky sweaters. This year I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about the future, but that's because of a whole lot of stuff going on with my personal & family life. We cast on. We forge ahead. My favorite mantra from one High Holiday service I went to years ago was . . . I will try, I will fail, I will try again.

We are still harvesting a bunch of late season veggies. Here's yesterday's pickings


And this morning we noticed a few we missed


Since time is running out, today we are going to make tons of pestos, and sauces to freeze. A little summer in the freezer during the cold wintertime.

Just in time for the end of summer, I finally cast off the Lotus Blossom tank





I did a lot of modifications to the pattern so it would fit me nicely. I'm pretty happy with the result.

Now that I finally got that bad boy off my needles, I'm going back to the Cotton Bamboo top that has been languishing in the knitting bag. It's coming along nicely. I feel like this cable pattern is going to take me forever, so I might cast on David's Cobblestone Sweater, and alternate between the two projects.

Since I avoid finishing like the plague, I decided to convert the pattern to in the round. For some stupid reason I thought it would be easier to divide for front and back when I got to the cable pattern. I somehow thought I would have to think too much to convert the flat chart to in the round. That was (of course) dopey. There;s nothing too it, and now I've just created another seam for myself. Curse you mattress stitch!!


2 Comments:

  • Lotus Blossom looks amazing.Beautiful yarn!

    Hang in there!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:01 PM  

  • Hi! I am so glad that I came across your blog a few weeks ago. I really enjoy reading about your experiences with life and knitting. I'll be stopping by often.

    We have so much in common! I knit and make my jewelry out here on Long Island! Your knitting is amazing and I wish you luck in your new job. I dream of finding a way to make knitting my career. It is so awesome that you have.

    Stop by my blogs and/or Flickr and say "hello" when you get a chance. It's nice to have a new friend!

    L'Shana Tova! (sp.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home