- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow Day!!!

I am listening to This American Life, still in my pjs (it's 2:00 pm) loving my snow day. Yesterday it was our first really soggy, wet, snowy day. It being a Friday I was finished at the shop by 4:00 pm. It had been a nice day at the studio with a steady stream of folks coming in to stock up on yarn for a snowy weekend. There was a really cheerful, pre weekend feel to the day. I was home by 5:00 pm (LOVE Fridays), lit a fire, and waited for David to get home. I did a little spinning while I waited. I also wanted to finish up the baby hat & booties I was working on for David's friend. I had knocked off the hat and had cast on the bootie on the subway ride home.


We spent a lovely evening by the fire with our pals Nell & Time, eating Thai food we had delivered, and drinking wine. All in all, a perfect evening for me.

I also had brought home the demo scarf we made at the Studio on the super cool little Cricket Loom. There's no pattern, and about everyone's hands have been on this thing. Claire set it up and pulled a bunch of grey & purple yarns. Then she started it, but we left it on the project table for customers to play with. This thing has Jiffy, Wool-Ease, Vanna's Glamour, Homespun & Cupcake. It's kind of the kitchen sink scarf. Weaving is so fun & easy, I may have to buy myself one of these little beauties (thank you store discount!)

Here it is blocking



This is a close up of a few fun things we played with. Holding a little bling (Vanna's Glamour) with the Wool-Ease:


And running two yarns through at once. Love this look:


Today I finished my first bootie (so cute)


and then I'm going to force myself to do one of the two tedious chores I have. Either finish the bamboo top or weave in all the ends of that woven scarf (althoug I might make someone at the Studio do that!).

Gotta make another bootie now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home