- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sheep, Cherry Blossoms, Veggies & SPRING

Nothing says Spring like the Shearing of Sheep. Last weekend I enjoyed two of my favorite springtime Park Slope rituals. . . The Cherry Blossom Festival in Brooklyn Botanic Garden and the Fleece Festival at the Prospect Park Zoo.

We started the rainy day at the BBG. Despite the rain, the blossoms were amazing.




My pal Micheal and I relaxing in the outdoor lounge



Next it was off to the zoo to the adorable little Fleece Fest. It's really just sheep sheering with some music, but I love it anyway





In the land of knitting, I finished my Short & Chic Cardi, pretty happy with it

I was also inspired by the Knitting Surgeon class I just taught at the Studio, to revisit an old sweater. I was teaching how you can lengthen or shorten a knitted piece and I remembered the cotton boat neck sweater I had whose sleeves always bugged me. So I came home, cut, put it back on the needles and started fixing the sleeves. One down, one to go.

I also got back to some serious spinning. I did about 4 hours on the wheel, and I forgot how much I LOVE spinning. I really want to get through the roving I have so I can get my hands on the stuff I bought at Rhinebeck in October.

I also almost finished Stew's baby sweater. I'm so loving the LB Collection Cotton Bamboo, and it's turning out really cute. She better not turn out to be a boy!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Imagine my delight to come across a blog post featuring two of my favorite things - knitting and the FABULOUS Michael Passaro! [his official name to WRF veterans.]

    Perhaps I'll see you both when I'm back in NYC this summer.

    Allison Rabenau

    By Blogger allirab, at 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home