- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VJZKLXBB.dpuf Brooklyn Knit Chick

Brooklyn Knit Chick

Monday, June 08, 2009

Missing WWKIP day . . . AGAIN



Sunday was my favorite type of day, some work in the garden, picking some food . . .


(TWINS!)

(Artichokes coming along nicely)



and enjoying the roses.


David settled down to correct a giant pile of homework,

and I decided to do some spinning


I was inspired to get out the wheel in the garden because I knew Michele & Will were coming over for some spindle spinning and Tony night.

My joyful day was interrupted when I realized that my professional knitting life was to (once again) interfere with my personal knitting life. I had been SOOO looking forward to WWKIP day this Saturday. I just looked at the Calendar to realize . . . ahhhhhh . . . I'll be in Ohio for TNNA. Why of why is the trade show for the needle arts on the same weekend as World Wide Knit in Public Day?? Big drag. Last year I also missed it, because I was taking a continuing ed, machine knitting class, at FIT.

I did finish Stew's baby sweater. Turned out really cute.


In addition to the Flame Stitch Cardigan, I needed a mindless subway project. Enter Coachella, done in Cotton-Ease. I LOVE this yarn.

3 Comments:

  • Cute cardi and beautiful garden. Hope today's rain didn't cause further problems.

    By Blogger penny, at 3:07 PM  

  • Patty- This year WWKIP day is Saturday AND Sunday, the 2nd weekend in June AND Sat & Sun the 3rd weekend in June (at least that's what it says on the website), so you'll have plenty of opportunities to KIP with others. Obviously, check the WWKIP day website to find a gathering near you!
    -Kathryn

    By Blogger Kathryn, at 8:40 AM  

  • wow, thats a lovely sweater..

    By Blogger Lulu, at 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home